1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

truck was keyed...

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ramu3527, Jun 19, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

some gutless coward keyed my otherwise gorgeous 2008 sierra on the front edge of the hood. to have the hood repaired and painted is a waste cause nothing is going to look as good and last like a factory finish (not to mention they'll never match the color).

any suggestions?

i was thinking a bug deflector, though those look like sh*t too...
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

See if you can't knock it down some with some rubbing compound and a old t shirt.
  3. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

yeah, its in the paint...i can see primer... if i'm lucky and it didn't go to the metal...
  4. Ridyn

Ridyn New Member 100 Posts

What color is the truck? Shop around for some painters, there is this guy I know here in Waco that can do very well on matching colors. He can even manage to make the paint look like it's been in the sun just as long as the vehicle! Pretty talented young feller.
  5. 2010_Silverado

2010_Silverado New Member

Had the same thing happen to my 2010, from passenger side headlight to tailgate... because i was parked in front of another units building... Thanks 3-4 INF.
    I just got my whole truck repainted stock color with an insurance claim for vandalism.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm surprised a cinder block hasn't fallen from a plane onto someone's car roof. Those things happen, you know... it's strange when they do, but they do.
  7. 2010_Silverado

2010_Silverado New Member

Random :) but true
  8. RallySTX

RallySTX New Member 100 Posts

Gutless F###s are everywhere. I've been burglarized twice since I moved in here. Both times I could do nothing but watch them steal from my trucks. The first guuy even yelled my name at me, while his girl took over $300 in hand tools, later I lost a Federal Signal emergency light. Both times witness lied to protect the crooks. Never had a truck that new, but I liked the ones I had, so you have my sympathy.
    Brian L.
  9. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

thanks guys, karma'll get 'em...
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That's messed up!