1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck will not start

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by Quad racer#212, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 New Member

I think my ignition switch has gone bad in my 96 3500 silverado. This is what it is doing the radio windows and headlights all work. However the instrument cluster is not coming on with the ignition in run I don’t even hear the glow plug control turn on or off and the motor will not spin over.

Does anyone have the trouble shooting steps for the ignition switch or how to test it?

How I found out the truck was acting up if it helps.
    I drove the truck from my house to a friend’s to pick up some stuff I cut the truck off at his place to load the stuff I was picking up. The truck fired up I drove back to my place on the way I stopped at the service station by my house to get me and my boy a drink and a candy bar. When I cut the truck off every thing was working. But when i came out and went to start the truck it wouldn’t do any thing.