1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Truck won't blow heat down by floor

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Corso, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Corso

Corso Member

Hi everyone. Really digging this site, lots of helpful info. Hopefully someone can shed some light for me on this one.

I recently noticed that my '00 Silverado will not blow heat from the low vents down by your feet. Up top it is fine, nice and hot and strong. Down by the feet, nothing.

Thoughts?

2. fooddaman

fooddaman New Member

You might check all of your vacuum hoses to make sure they are connected and/or not cracked. I had a 2000 GMC astro van that did something similar with the AC blowing up out of the defrost, but not the vents/floor.

3. grape2

grape2 Member

My Suburban was doing that last year and the blend doors were binding and had to be replaced. Also, one actuator was bad not working the blend door.

4. Corso

Corso Member

Interesting. Was this a difficult job? If you didnt do it yourself, do you remember what it cost to have fixed?

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you can get to your blend door easily, it sits right above the transmission hump, just a couple screws and it will open it up and you can see what it is or isnt doing when you switch it to the floor vents. there is a gasket that helps it seal into its different positions, most of the time that had torn and is caught up in the door

6. Corso

Corso Member

Wow, that sounds hopeful. I will investigate tonight. Thanks.

7. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a friend with a 2008 K2500 that just got his blend door problem fixed for the 2nd time. Also his fan would only run on high so it took a resistor/relay worth about $300 to get it working right. $575 total to get it fixed at a GM dealership.

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Your friend got ripped off, putting in a new resistor for the fan is easy and cheap to take care of your self, and all you need to know how to do is turn a screwdriver

9. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

[sarcasm]What? Someone ripped of by a dealership? Noooo waaaay! [/sarcasm]

Coroso did the advice vncj96 gave you help? Usually thats the source of the problem you described.

10. Corso

Corso Member

I haven't had a chance to really get into it. My truck has the center console that runs up under the dash. I looked at it briefly today and it looks like I will have to remove the console to really get at it.