Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

truck won't catch when cranking.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by L0sts0ul, Mar 16, 2008.

1. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys,

I am sure im not the first to post this, but I have a problem.

93 suburban, 350, TBI, all new drivetrain. went out this morning to a temperature of -17C from a +4c yesterday.

I tried to start my truck, it will turnover, but not start. I went as far as firing some naptha in the throttle body to see if everything else was working well, and sure enoughit tried to start. no fuel from the injectors.

Now,

the troubleshooting really starts. im thinking frozen fuel line? Fuel filter? Pump?

where would you start... I am about to meter out the pump relay to see if its getting 12v, when im done I'll post results.

any suggestions? or ideas?

thanks

Soul

2. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey there northern neighbour! The same thing happend to a buddy of mine a couple years back. It was his fuel pump. We had just drove from Canmore the my place in SE Calgary. He parked in front of my place and came in for about 5 mins. When he went back out, the truck was dead. It was a '94 2500 with a 350 TBI. Thats how a fuel pump goes. Without warning. If you are getting a spark then most liikely thats your problem. Pull off your air cleaner and see if you can smell fuel.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

if it is your fuel pump lay underneath the gas tank with a good hammer after finding the position of the fuel pump, give it a good whack or two while somone else tries starting it, i know this sounds odd, but trust me this has worked on my 99 burban and so many other chevys from 92-99, its just a quick fix but then you know its the pump!

4. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

I thought that the hammer routine only worked on starters. I've got to remember that. We have 5 '91 to 98 chev/gmc's at work. All high miles.