1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck won't do a burnout !!!!

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by redsilverado1988, Jul 15, 2010.

1. redsilverado1988

redsilverado1988 New Member

I have a 2006 silverado with the 5.3 ho z71 with 3.42 axles, aftermarket exhaust and a diablo predator programmer set on the 92 octane tune w/ torque management off and my truck will not do a break stand at all ! I'M PISSED ! what do i do to solve this problem ?
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[​IMG]

This should do the trick! If it makes your feel any better RedSilverado I can't turn mine over either :grrrrrr:
  3. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Real question is, why is it so important to do a burnout? What kind of tires do you have on it?
  4. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

lucky you...I have trouble not spinning the tires with my torque monster of a 5.7, tires and trannys get expensive..has the truck been sitting? sounds like it should have enough to at least spin a little..try some seafoam to give it a good cleaning..if that doesnt help, ajarman has a good idea! good luck with whatever you do
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you dialed in your LTFTs with the Preditor? Or did you install just the 93 tune?
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Between the Stiblatrack,ABS and the Computer They won't let you. But if you have a computer programer you should be able to turn off some things so you can..

Just one thing first... What kind of tires do you have? I want to buy Stock in that Co....
  7. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Me too!!!
    And you have electronic throttle that is tied into the computer. The tranny is managed on a parallel circut. When you mash the trottle the rpms are held at a level just below where it will break loose. I had the same issue with mine and after research i realized that there really isnt a way to do it since the rear brakes are also proportioned to take quite a load since the drums are larger. Basically with the computer taking your imputs and realizing that you are trying to do something it isnt supposed to do then the computer just lets it hang.
  8. trapperdon

trapperdon Rockstar 100 Posts

buy a big wheel !!! and learn to love the safety features you get with a newer truck !!

:rofl::happy::sign0011:
  9. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

You should just be happy with everything the Diablo provides. Burning the tires just means you will have to buy tires sooner. Personally, I like going fast in my vehicles rather than being able to leave a little tread aka MONEY, on the ground when I take off. It's more fun to blow past those "sports" cars than to leave rubber on the road as they blow your doors off, just my opinion.
  10. TURBO2

TURBO2 New Member

Ahhhh, Lucky you! You probably have the famous "Drive by wire Throttle" that makes your truck dead flat from a standstill. You could probably add another 100 hp and still only get a squeak out of the tires.
    Now the good news, just bypass it and have fun.