1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

truck wont start

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by irishjoeybags, Mar 28, 2010.

1. irishjoeybags

irishjoeybags New Member

I have a 03 chevy avalanche I was driving it started to bogg out and cut off , I kept giving it gas to keep running so I could make it home . I did tried to restart it wouldn't start so I replaced fuel filter yesterday started it up ran for 3-5 mins then died wouldn't start again, went out today to start it did start then was gogging down gave it gas to keep running it dided started it again it was runnin but with rough idle for a few mins. I turned it off put a bootle of heet in gas tank in cas I got bad gas . I filled tank up a couple of days ago, or unless someone put something in my tank..I turn key on and hear fuel pumps don't know what it could be, a family member had same prob with thier hyundai cut off while driving took it to dealer it was a sensor..any ideas ..do you think I should buy one of those machines and plug it in dash to see if any codes come up.

2. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

first 1.cheack fuel pump Pressure maybe work weakly
    2.check injectors all
    3.check sparks
    4. check the sensor