True Duals

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by E.Hord, Jan 13, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. E.Hord

E.Hord New Member

I have an 08 silverado crew cab z71, 5,3 liter, and i was wanting to put on so true duals and straight pipe them but i dont know what kind of duals i should get. oh and i want the to exit out the side not the rear.
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have flowmaster on my truck and love it!!!
  3. mehoff400

mehoff400 New Member 100 Posts

i have true dual magnaflows and wish it was louder
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

have a true dual magnaflow and love it very little drone on the highway and plenty of rumble, dumped at each side behind rear tires
  5. 04sierracrewcab

If you are looking for the loudest go with a single muffler If you have duals you split 4 cylinders to each muffler instead of forcing all 8 through one.
    If you have a "dumped" muffler it also is louder than "pipes" out the back because it does not have the 3 or so feet to loose some of that sound.
  6. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

thursday i am having custom exhaust put on. i am going with 2.5" tubing, dual magnaflow high flow cats (http://gravanatuning.com/805/19/70/...Silverado_1500_Std_Cab_Short_Bed_5.3_2WD.html) a flowmaster 2-in-2-out muffler, and stainless silverline tips angled out towards the corners of the truck at a 45 deg.
    i also have shorty headers. i cannot wait to get it all done. all the parts, material, and labor come to a grand total of around $400.
  7. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A "true dual" is NOT 4 cylinders a side, it has a cross over or H pipe some where so that it equalizes the sound a dual in-dual out muffler will do the same thing as ling as you have two cats and the pipes never go into one. Suburbans come this way from the factory but then it goes to a single 3" pipe. And to get an H pipe exhaust done it is usually pretty expensive even at a custom shop
  8. Slammed07Sierra

Slammed07Sierra New Member

well technically a "true dual straight pipe" exhaust means that the exhaust pipe comes off of both headers, then travels to a X pipe and then out the rear or sides with no muffler.

thats what it means where im from and thats what i have...hope that helps..
  9. 04sierracrewcab

Straight pipe down here means you have ither your muffler or cat or both removed.
    Its mostly common on older trucks and diesels. :neutral:
  10. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would consider a Y pipe or anything that will keep up some back pessue.