Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

true duals

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by newfiebullet, Aug 12, 2011.

1. newfiebullet

newfiebullet Member

whos got it done?im goin for it,2.5 inch from cats back to x pipe, and a dual in/out cherrybomb vortex, then 2 feet of pipe and dumped just in front of the axle, how was the power difference? i got a diablo on 87 tune and a cold air intake to go on so hopefully this will free up some power. if you ditched the factory y in place of an x show me some pics..here's a crude paint drawing of what im lookin to do, you get the idea

Attached Files:

2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Is it true duals if the pipes connect via and X/H pipe or two in two out muffler?

3. newfiebullet

newfiebullet Member

x pipe after cats, and a dual in dual out muffler, i dont see the need for 2 mufflers when its a straight through design...true duals mean you have a dedicated pipe for each side of the motor the x pipe just balances exhaust flow from each side of the engine.

4. newfiebullet

newfiebullet Member

anyone ????

5. I thought True-Dual was 2 of everything and they didn't crossover???
    and sents I was about to post close to the same thing whats the difference of a mufflers [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Configuration? [/FONT]dose it matter what I use? I found center/center cheaper in price then off/off.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  6. newfiebullet

newfiebullet Member

muffler choice is up too you and what will fit, there no power or sound difference in a off/off vs a cen/cen, im lookin to get a dual in dual out out so i dont have to buy 2 mufflers.i just wanted to know if anyone had this done , what kind of results did it yield.

7. AirForceChevyMan

AirForceChevyMan New Member

This is just my opinion, but I always thought "true duals" includes two mufflers. Now days a lot of newer trucks are runnnig a dual in/out muffler stock. If your going to do "true duals", you should to it the true way.(again this is just my opion)

8. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

True duals are over rated I think, yeah, it's cool to say you have it, but in all honesty, it doesn't matter, if you have a nice free flowing exhaust, then one muffler works fine. Plus, using one muffler makes things quieter, so you can actually have a conversation on the highway.

9. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Leave the x out !!!!!!!

10. newfiebullet

newfiebullet Member

one muffler with two 2.5 inch pipes will flow just fine...its a straight through, im ditching the y because its just not effient enough, and my last truck i had duals without an x and it sounded like crap, after the x it was much better and a touch quieter, im not lookin for really loud, just want a little extra performance, between the exhaust cai and diablo i should be happy with the end result, just wish the torque management would piss off a little