1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

truxedo lo pro qt

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Burden33, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

so guys im about to purchgase a truxedo lo pro qu tounneau cover for my 2008 chevy silverado and i was wondering how to people like it and im also running tjhe gm bed rails and was woudnerinf if the tounneau covver will work
  2. krazyjhawk

krazyjhawk New Member

I had one on my old Lightning and liked it alot... There were some weird issues though. The main one being that for some reason it would allow air into the front part of the bed and then while driving the tonneau would parachute up. It drove me crazy. And the installer couldnt make it stop happening. But that was minor I guess. All in all its a great cover. I will admit though that after about 6 months I kinda wished I had gotten a fiberglass cover that was painted to match, but that was more a style preference rather than functionality.
  3. Greg84

Greg84 New Member

Air probably wasn't getting under it, when you drive there is a low pressure area that develops behind the cab that pulls the cover up. It happens with just about every soft tonneau cover. Some of the covers have tension adjusters so you can tighten them and reduce that effect.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Have you looked at the Extang brand? There mounting hardware seems to be a bit more sturdier and there service dept. is great. Extang was the first company to make the bolt-on frame system for the tonneau's so you didn't have to drill holes into the bed.
  5. wis bang

wis bang New Member

Extang also has a lifetime waranty on the frame parts, 10 years on the tarp & the instructions come w/ the replacement parts list...I really like mine!
  6. Sandhopper

Sandhopper New Member

I had the Truxido Lo Pro on my 04 Silverado and loved it. It was great to keep things hidden out of site. I had to add pocket fillers to help keep the water out of the bed so if you are looking for water tight this probably is not the cover for you. Like krazyjhawk, I to wished I had gone with the fiberglass, if only to keep the bed dry. I switched the cover out for a LEER cap and ended up with even more water in the bed... Who'd a thunk??? I would go back to the truxido cover again for a economical option for keeping belongings out of site.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Most touneau's, soft or fiberglass will leak. Some trucks seem to leak more than others, even the same make, year, style. We found alot of them leaked in the front of the bed behind the cab. Mostly when driving in a hard rain. We always coverd our butt's and told the customers that they don't make the bed watertite. We also tried the tail gate seals and some trucks still leaked there. I think maybe some trucks just flex more than others allowing the seals to break loose.
  8. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 New Member

The Truxedo LoProQT cover has a lifetime warranty as well.

Burden33: You should have no problems installing the LoProQt cover with your bed rails. This is the best tonneau cover (3rd) that I have owned. The features I like the best are; the low profile appearance, the automatic tensioning system, and the ease of installation. I have had mine for about 10 months now and I have no issues with "parachuting"! Maybe a slight ripple at highway speeds, but it stays nice and tight if installed properly! I considered the hard covers, but it came down to one advantage that the roll-up covers offer that the others don't, and that is if I am ever in an unplanned situation that I need the use of the bed of my truck I can can have full access in about 15 seconds. The hard covers, tilt covers, and even some of the sectional folding covers have to be removed ahead of time before you can have full access to your truck's bed.

I also bought a lockable GM tailgate latch. What a thief can't see or gain easy access to would most likely make him move on to another vehicle. Plenty secure enough for me.

The LoProQt met all my needs at a very reasonable price. You can't go wrong with this purchase. :great: