Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Truxedo Tonneau Cover with Factory Bed Liner

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Mikes71Nova, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Mikes71Nova

Mikes71Nova New Member

Hey whats up everyone, ive been lurking the site here for a while since i bought my truck a few months ago, and i got a question.

i have an 06 Silverado LS with with a GM bed liner, and im looking for a tonneau cover. I work at a speed shop and ordered a Truxedo Truxport through work today, but i just realized it clamps on under the bed rail. Problem i see is, the factory GM drop in liner completly covers the bed rails.

anybody have a TRUXPORT with a factory bedliner? mine comes in tomorrow but i can send it back if needed, but i love the way it looks in the pictures. Would it require just making some small cuts in the bedliner?? the thought of that kinda worries me slightly...

Mike

2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site, cutting into the bed liner shouldn't be a problem, i would just pull the factory bed liner

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I have the Truxedo Truxsport, but Line-X over the rails. The clamps are only about an inch wide so you could cut slots for them.

4. Mikes71Nova

Mikes71Nova New Member

hey guys, thanks for the welcome.... dwill3015, how many clamps per side, if you remember? and how do you like the cover? im curious about some first hand experience... thanks

5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just looked and have 3 clamps on each side. 6 total as there are none in the front. I have had the cover for 2 years and love it! It was inexpensive but always stratches tightly, holds a couple of feet of snow easily, and rolls up tightly behind the cab for full use of the cargo area for hauling anything.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Mikes71Nova

Mikes71Nova New Member

thank you VERY much for the pics, thats extremely helpful... i was drawn to the fact that its a roll up without the arched look of the metal bows..... looks like i may be making those little cuts into the bedliner, definatley seems worth it.... thanks!

7. john_017

john_017 New Member

spray on bedliner

[FONT=&quot]I have been spraying QWIK Liner and find the product excellent. The ease of the product to work with and low odor is wonderful. QWIK Liner is everything it says it is! It’s fast. QWIK Liner can be applied as fast as 1 hour from start to finish so customer satisfaction is very good, this included prep. Customers don't have to leave there vehicle over night they can pick it up the same day. [/FONT]

8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club, i have the truxedo low pro, and i love it