1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truxedo Tonneau Cover

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by nickgiacalone, Apr 20, 2009.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

I was at a truck accessories store today and of course I'm probably going to spend more money. :lol: I think that I am going to take my toolbox out (I can put all of that stuff in some sort of container) and have a TruXedo Lo Pro QT installed or do it myself. Anyone have any thoughts with the TruXedo brand or that cover in general. I really like the lifetime warranty and it seems like a very firm heavy duty cover. It is also VERY VERY easy to roll up and get out of the way when I need to load my truck with anything.
  2. NJBLK1500

NJBLK1500 New Member

I have the Truxport on my short bed 09 Silvy and absolutely love it. The install took all of 30 minutes in my driveway with a socket wrench. The supports are "built-in" to the cover when rolling up, so no jerking around with those snap in arches. You can roll it up from the side of the truck by yourself (no need to get in the bed to roll from the center). It uses velcro that seems to be pretty heavy duty so theres no snaps to have to adjust or rust!!!

Just my $0.02...
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Truxedo is a good cover and easy to install. Check out Extang.com, they were the first to make a snapless, no drill tonneau covers.
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a Tonneau Masters lo-profile roll up cover on my '05 and I'm very pleased with it, but I think they are out of business, I think they are real similar to the Truxedo just a little less pricey.
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I also have the Truxedo Truxport roll-up cover and it has been awesome for a couple of years now!
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

wow, lots of poeple have Truxedo products on their trucks.
  7. MeanGreenMachine

MeanGreenMachine New Member

I have the Truxedo Sport on mine. Got it 4 years ago, color hasn't faded at all. Easy to roll up, and put back in place. Even in cold weather. I get quite a few compliments if I need to load something into the bed, and have to roll it up.
  8. groceryman

groceryman New Member ROTM Winner

I just installed the extang toolbox cover the install was very easy fit great right up against my tool box.