GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Trying to find a dual exhaust set up that not only turns heads, but it drops panties.

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Kuntryboy, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy New Member

So im thinking of dualing out my 2010 5.3L and i was thinking of doing a true dual set up with 2 magnapack 14'' mufflers and a magnaflow X pipe with stock size piping and a dual dump right after the mufflers. what do yall think of this set up? anyone with anything close to this setup?

also if someone has somehting that "drops panties" let me know what your set up is. not trying to make it sound ragged out and pop, just want it insanely aggressive at all RPMs
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member

so you are going to be also adding long tubes to run true duals?

My buddy has a '11 5.3 and has one in two out 10 series with cowboy exit and it is just amazing sounding. I have not heard it in AFM mode yet.
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member

Hoyt's in Conway can hook you up!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. SuperSport01

SuperSport01 New Member

I would use long tube headers with an off road xpipe. For mufflers some Borla XR1 race bullets and then the tips ran out whereever you like. Or you can go to Kooks in Mooresville and they can build you whatever.
  5. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy New Member

Alright sweet I'll look up those shops. I really like the magnaflow magnapacks
  6. Josh

Josh New Member

haha open headers for the win!!!
  7. AMac

AMac New Member

Unfortunately it will take a lot more than a nice/loud exhaust to "drop panties" as you put it. Without consideration of the driver, I myself require a heavily accessorized truck including but not limited to; lift, big wheels/tires, big motor, HIDs, Perfectly waxed or covered in mud (1 extreme or the other, nothing in the middle).:lol:
  8. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member

So, you want an exhaust that makes the girls drop their panties?? Flow master does a good job, with their huge selection of exhaust, tips, cats, muffler and complete systems... I dont know if it will make girls drop their panties, but it will get you noticed..

Say... Kuntryboy... Just curious, What kinda of exhaust do you think the LADIES NEED, to get a guy to drop his boxers or get a hard on??? HUH!!!!
  9. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy New Member

im not gonna answer that question^^^ hahahaha. but yea i was kidding by dropping panties, (figure of speech round my neck of the woods) actually my girl hated my pipes on my old truck haha.
  10. AMac

AMac New Member

What did she hate about them?
  11. Josh

Josh New Member

see if there is an x pipe for your truck. h pipes make a deep muscle car sound and x pipes make a throaty raspy sound. i love the sound of the x on my foxbody mustang.
  12. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

I'd go with headers and 10 series dumped but if you wanna run it all the way to the back of the truck, run 2.5 in pipes. Don't go to small our it just doesn't sound that great to me
  13. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy New Member

gave her a headache

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

yea looking at a magnaflow x pipe right off the cats

i was plannin on stock piping size so whatever that is. and if i run it to the back i want some extremely large tips like alabamaxrebel's. or i might dump it.
  14. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

I'm a fan of big tips but I've smashed a few offloading. And that never looks good. And I've never ran an x pipe on my truck but love them on my cobras gives it a better sound
  15. SWAT13

SWAT13 New Member

If u go to the home page and look to the right, where the media section is with the girl with the big ta tas is...thats my truck i sold. It has a flowmaster super 10 on it. watch the video and see what u think. It's very aggressive in person
  16. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy New Member

holy sh!t that sounds good. is it true dualed or is it a single in, dual out? stock size piping?
  17. SWAT13

SWAT13 New Member

That is straight up stock. single in/dual out
  18. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

U can always unbolt it after the resonator and itll b loud
  19. MY2002GMC

MY2002GMC New Member

I just installed a Heartthrob catback dual ( 2 heart throb glass packs at end) fed by a Y 3" pipe connected at the join of the cats ( stock). I have shorty headers on my 4.8 GMC Sierra and 456's. The one thing I am not sure of is should I actually run true duals instead of the joins and 3" single feed. The dual pipes are 2 1/4" on the back into the glass packs and was planning on having 2 1/4's all the way. Would this be smart? would not cost too much, but not sure if this will hurt or help performance? Just joining in and glad what is going on in this thread - thx for any info and hope this adds some more thoughts on this topic.