1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trying to find a dual exhaust set up that not only turns heads, but it drops panties.

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Kuntryboy, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Josh

Josh Member 100 Posts

see if there is an x pipe for your truck. h pipes make a deep muscle car sound and x pipes make a throaty raspy sound. i love the sound of the x on my foxbody mustang.
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd go with headers and 10 series dumped but if you wanna run it all the way to the back of the truck, run 2.5 in pipes. Don't go to small our it just doesn't sound that great to me
  3. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy Member

gave her a headache

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

yea looking at a magnaflow x pipe right off the cats

i was plannin on stock piping size so whatever that is. and if i run it to the back i want some extremely large tips like alabamaxrebel's. or i might dump it.
  4. ahmitchell1

I'm a fan of big tips but I've smashed a few offloading. And that never looks good. And I've never ran an x pipe on my truck but love them on my cobras gives it a better sound
  5. SWAT13

SWAT13 Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

If u go to the home page and look to the right, where the media section is with the girl with the big ta tas is...thats my truck i sold. It has a flowmaster super 10 on it. watch the video and see what u think. It's very aggressive in person
  6. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy Member

holy sh!t that sounds good. is it true dualed or is it a single in, dual out? stock size piping?
  7. SWAT13

SWAT13 Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

That is straight up stock. single in/dual out
  8. ahmitchell1

U can always unbolt it after the resonator and itll b loud
  9. MY2002GMC

MY2002GMC New Member

I just installed a Heartthrob catback dual ( 2 heart throb glass packs at end) fed by a Y 3" pipe connected at the join of the cats ( stock). I have shorty headers on my 4.8 GMC Sierra and 456's. The one thing I am not sure of is should I actually run true duals instead of the joins and 3" single feed. The dual pipes are 2 1/4" on the back into the glass packs and was planning on having 2 1/4's all the way. Would this be smart? would not cost too much, but not sure if this will hurt or help performance? Just joining in and glad what is going on in this thread - thx for any info and hope this adds some more thoughts on this topic.