1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trying to save some fuel.. Is this worth it?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by twiggy, Oct 24, 2009.

1. twiggy

twiggy Member

2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm going to say this is what they call a "Snake Oil" product. a single chip giving 300 hp and better mpg and off the line. It's probably like all the other chips the say they'll give you this and you never see it.
  3. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

In my nice opinion i'd say "its probably not going to work, so just dont get it"

But the other part of me is like...are you kidding. The companies like superchips want 300+ bucks for their tunes do you really think a 30 dollar thing off ebay is going to do ANYTHING?
  4. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

try reading the sellers feedback to see if it does anything.
  5. twiggy

twiggy Member

i read some of the feedback on the product. some noticed a diffrence but some didnt. not 300+ hp by any means, but if i could get 2-4 more MPG then i'd be happy. I don't make a lot of money so i cant afford the expensive chips. Is there and Cheap solutions? What about the Intake vortex fan?
  6. yukonlover89

yukonlover89 New Member

all this "chips" are is a resistor that plugs into your air intake sensor and tells the computer that its getting cold air all the time these are 5 cent resistors at radio NOT WASTE your money lol
  7. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Twiggy did you ever go through with this? If so did you see any improvements? Let me know.
  8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

A handheld tuner will only net you 2mpg at the most especially on a gas engine, not tworth the time or to even look at there web site. Just do what you can that is free. Keep your tires properly inflated, a working thermostat that is OEM, and when accelerating keep your RPM under 2000.
  9. twiggy

twiggy Member

Well i never tried it... thanks to everyone that talked me out of it. i guess i'll come to grips with the fact that i only get 11 MPG....

Thanks
    -Jason