Tuff Country 2' suspension lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Minimeh93, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Minimeh93

Minimeh93 New Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I think u can have just that cheaper,,,20 bucks autozone blocks for the back and turn your torsion bars all the way up !!!!!!

SAME THING...........but u have to relize that its not good for the cv axles in the front ,,,,both , the kit or turning them up.

+ i think with 2" the most u can get on there is 33's , 35's will rub on the front bumper and on the inner fender in the back when u turn or hit a bump.

BEEN THERE !!:lol:

3. Minimeh93

Minimeh93 New Member

Thanks, yea Im trying to stay away from cranking. I just got my 265 mudstars a few months back so I don't want a lift that I will need bigger tires for. If I got this lift I would go to 285's at the biggest when it is time for new tires

4. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

But even with this lift ,,,u need to crank the torsions. What the key's do ( my understanding ) is ofset the torsion bars when u crank them to provide soft ride compfort....thats all ?!:neutral::glasses:

If u spend 600 bucks on a max 2-3 lift,,,get a 4-6 REAL kit for 1200 !!!!!!!!!

And u never have a problem and u can mount some cool 18's or 20's ?! Just my 2 c.

If u go from 265's to 285's.......thats not really gonna make a differents.
    I thik your truck looks cool the way it is.

Maybe some nice 17 ALCOA aluminum wheels that fit the way it sit's ?!

5. Minimeh93

Minimeh93 New Member

Thanks for the info! I'm kinda a Newbie to lifts and I was just throwing ideas around to do next. I don't think I'll ever be 100% happy with the way my truck looks!