1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tuff Country 2in lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Duncan_Z71, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 New Member

2. jasonsz71

jasonsz71 New Member

in my opinion the torsion keys are the same as just cranking your torsion bars.. i dont like to crank the bars because i think it wears axles and steering stuff faster and if you crank them make sure to get an alignment.
  3. NORMSCOLORADO

NORMSCOLORADO New Member 100 Posts

as far as i know the TB keys are supposed to give you lift without killing you ride quality,,, and as for the AAL is gonna give you alot firmer ride in the rear i just took the Tuff Country 2" all out of my reg cab rado becasue i was sick of the bumps just about shooting a disc through my back rest..... i have the tb crank and 3/4 in diff spacers in the rado now the angels are not bad with the spacers... if you go over 2 1/2" in the front is when you being to have problems with your cv's.... in my personal opinion go with blocks or shackles in the rear and save your back but in the end its all personal preference..... but when i go for keys when i have the cabbage i am going with a good friends product on the nation called Suspension MAXX.....

http://suspensionmaxx.com/mm5/chevygmc.html

they are also fully adjustable
  4. betts687

betts687 New Member

what exactly are differential spacers? and do i need them with a tb key leveling kit?
  5. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 New Member

Well i really dont want to turn up the keys. because have the fact that its said to hurt the cb axles and all. but i dont want to spend 1000 dollars on a 4in lift.
  6. NORMSCOLORADO

NORMSCOLORADO New Member 100 Posts

Differential spacers are 3/4" bushings that go between your frame and you front differential to drop the diff just a bit to help correct the angle of the cv shaft..... i believe that su suspension maxx kit come with them... it does for the colorado kit but not the 1500 some need them and some dont.... but they are easily made buy a machine shop

i will also find the pictures of the before and after of my truck with the spacers....
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010