1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tune up

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 07silverado07, Mar 21, 2010.

1. 07silverado07

07silverado07 Rockstar 100 Posts

ok so ive heard alot people say i shouldnt tune my chevy up until it starts skipping. I have 97,000 miles on the original plugs and wires. should i do a tune up? also heard these vortecs is picky about the plugs you use, not sure what brand to use. and to make everything else aggravating my truck is the 07 classic body style with the 4.8 in it.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the Site,being your thread is under Member Introduction's.This section is where you said Hello and tell member's a little about yourself and your ride......Your Question re-guarding Tune-up would receive more reply's and advice,under the Tech Section......with that being said,with 97,000 miles on the Original Plugs & Wires,.....IMO Yes put in New Plugs & Wires......A/C Delco Iridium Spark Plugs are what these Vortec Engine's run best on....with wires again A/C Delco Wires will do the job,..As they and the Plugs have for 97,000 miles,.....that said it all!!
  3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  4. 07silverado07

thank yall for the warm welcome!and also thank yall for yalls info on the plugs and wires.:glasses:
  5. 07silverado07

my ride is a 07 silverado classic crew cab with the 4.8. 2 1/2 drop in the back to level it up, got two custom boxes built that house two 10" fosgate p3 subs and a mmatts 1400 watt amp to drive them puppies. custom painted interior pieces to match the lovely green color on the outside. custom air intake, bypasses the air warmer in the throttle body (to flow a little cooler air) jet power programmer.

now on to me well, 24 engaged about to have my first child and just a chevy fan. nothing like a rock. after three fords down i had to get a real truck!!!! i work 2nd shift at a plant that produces air handlers and chillers. im an industrial mechanic and electrician, that plays with cars for a hobby :lol:
  6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome...............:glasses:
  7. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site.
  8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!
  9. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: