Tuner for '08 5.3, AFM problems????

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by RedDmax, Apr 29, 2013.

1. RedDmax

RedDmax New Member

My wife's 2008 Yukon XL has 122k miles on it and has recently started loosing oil somewhere. I have used nothing but Mobil 1 in it since the first oil change and was 2qts low at the last oil change , I measure how much I removed. I usually change it about 6k but this one was about 7500. I had been slack about checking the level it because never had an issue before. I have lost almost 1 qt in 3000 miles since my oil change 5 weeks ago. No leaks in my garage, on the engine and I wiped the inside of the exhaust with paper towel- clean without residue.
    I've been doing some research and people seem to think it could be coming from the AFM. What tuner should I use to deactivate this? I have used tuners before on my diesels but not on a gasser. I'm considering getting an autocal EFI tuner for my Duramax, I don't know if I can load both a gas a diesel on the same tuner, I know you can load more than one diesel on the same autocal EFI controller. Any suggestions on what changes I should make, I did add 1 qt of the High Mileage Mobil 1 and guess I will use that with next oil change. Thanks

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts