1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tuner

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by autohausfab, Feb 26, 2009.

1. autohausfab

autohausfab New Member

my question is what tuner to go with and what capabilities will i get out of one also althogh this is not a suspension forum what if i do bigger tires does the tuner take care of the speedometer
  2. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

On my older silverado I used the Hypertech and it worked really well. You can adjust the rpm's per shift you can also take the limiter off if you race legally of course and yes it will get your speedometer fixed if you changed your tire size. I noticed right away the difference in power. I have been looking for another hypertech for my 07 used but it looks like im going to have to buy a new one
  3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Rob, I'll keep an eye out for a used hypertech for you.
  4. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

Ahhh that would be awesome man I really appreciate it. Times are tough
  5. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

What model truck you got I might have a superchips cortex to get rid of
  6. autohausfab

autohausfab New Member

its an 04 1500 4x4 5.3 standard cab short bed thats as precise i can be but will the one your talkin about do all the same things this other one will my other question is gas mileage wil i get better or worse with the programer they claim better not sure i beleive it
  7. autohausfab

autohausfab New Member

no more info guys
  8. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

itll get better its a superchips cortex 2950 go to there website superchips.com and reasearch it. In my opinion this is the way to go stay away from getting your pcm reflashed then you have to pay to get it set back stock.
  9. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

I know a lot about programmers and I owuld definitely recommend the Predator. You can do a lot more things with it than any other programmer. A hypertech, all you can choose is 87 octane tune or 93 octane tune. With a Predator you can choose which octane tune you want and then go and modify any of the parameters, such as increase your timing or change your fueling curve. You can also disable torque management and on some models you can disable certain check engine lights such as if you install headers and don't have cats or rear O2 sensors anymore, instead of paying $100 for O2 simulators, you can just permanently shut off the light with the predator. Also, you can view real time data with it which comes in handy when you are trying to diagnose a problem. I have a predator for your truck:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...314769981&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT&viewitem=

I also will be getting a Hypertech in stock this week for your truck if you want to go that route for $200.