1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tuners

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by neilbachman, Jun 15, 2009.

1. neilbachman

neilbachman New Member

so on a tuner for a 5.3 v8, like say the diablo sport tuner. does the tuner have the same features as the diablo sport offers for diesel trucks. like clearing codes. also does the diablo sport have like specific added tunes you choose like with diesels. any help will be greatly appreciated
  2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Tuners are garbage, i havent used one for a diesel or else i would help you out.

But let me help you even more, its better if you get a custom tune from blackbear performance. Google them they usually have meets in areas, and theyres like about 20 other silverados from other forums there. PM me for more info.

These tuners only thing theyre good for is to remove your speedometer limit and **** like that, trust me i tuned 2 nnbs and my truck with those, not worth the money though.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I have never dealt with Diablosport before, but I am waiting for a brand new one they just came out with to be made for the 4.8/5.3/6.0. It is called the "Trinity", it has 5 custom tunes built into it plus a ton of other things you can do with it. Yes it's $800, but if you've ever seen a live monitoring unit before it is well worth the money. Good luck with your purchase, and remember one thing NO ONE knows your truck better than you do. :money:
  4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

The trinity is not for the 4.8 and 5.3 yet is it. I thought they were only ready for the 6.0 up
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The newer Diablo Preditors offer up to five custom tunes for gas motors. Shop there dealers for best price. The trinity does only diesels now,but gas are coming.
  6. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Trinity is basically Diablo's run at the HyperPAC with some added goodies as well. It looks delicious! BTW, Amy, I like the new toy!