1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Turn a 1994 6.5L naturally aspirated into a 6.5L turbo diesel

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by nightrat2, Dec 14, 2011.

1. nightrat2

nightrat2 New Member

I have the naturally aspirated 6.5L in my '94 C2500. I would really like to make it a turbo diesel, but I am not sure where to begin. Any suggestions?
  2. outalne94z71

outalne94z71 Member

well, you will probably need all the f code parts (upper/lower intake plenum) and exhaust manifolds and crossover pipe along with turbo down pipe not sure how your cdr system is setup but may need the setup from a turbo truck as well, i would use a later gm-8 turbo and make a turbo master for it,, and pyro is a must, you may need a upgraded e-prom since i assume yours has a egr setup and this would eliminate that
  3. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy Rockstar 100 Posts

I recommend finding a parts truck or a used 6.5 TD engine for sale for parts, also the "F" type VIN# is a better choice in my opinion because
    of the less emmisions parts on them, not sure as all the computer stuff goes. good luck

-Dave