1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TURN OFF Traction Control 2010 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by alkaspeltzar, Dec 20, 2010.

1. alkaspeltzar

alkaspeltzar New Member

So, I am new to the whole traction/stabilatrak control programming in the truck. I am use to having 4 wheel drive and a locking differential.

Can anyone tell me how to turn it off COMPLETELY. According to the manual, if you press and hold the traction control button for 5 seconds, it will turn off both the stabilatrak and traction control.

I have done that, and the light on the dash illumates. The system says both are off.

But my question is, why even still when it is off, does my light occasionally flash? It feels like the system is off, so is it just purely warning me to tell me that I AM SPINNING and that it is off?

ANy comments or anyone seen this? Just want to make sure that when I turn it off, it is off, esp when in deep Minnesota snow~!
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

My truck is not d 4x4, however when I turn mine of f it comes back on after the truck is turned off and restarted...and if its like anything else safety related you can't disable it.

You will have to turn it off f each time. That occasional flash of the light you see is telling you the stabilitrac is on again and working.
  3. Greg84

Greg84 New Member

My 2009 does the same thing. And it only really does it in deep snow when you're on the gas hard. We got a foot or so 2 weekends ago and I was driving on some unplowed roads with stabilitrak off in 4 high and noticed the light flashing once in a while. It was mainly when I was trying to speed up to get through some deeper snow drifts, I really couldn't tell if the stabilitrak was making me slow down or if it was just how it felt going through the deeper snow.