1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

turn signal and brake fuse keep blowing

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by corova, Oct 8, 2009.

1. corova

corova New Member

just before the turn signal blew the tac. and the speedomoter bounced. the brake light blows as soon as i step on the pedal. both problems began @ same time to my knowledge. bulbs are good. its on a 94 chevy blazer full size. ive checked all other fuses and they are all good.

ive blown out the fuse box with the air hose and all under the dash. nothing else seems to be affected.

any ideas at all will be welcome. thanks guys. J
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Try this: Take the brake light bulbs out. Then try stepping on the pedal again. If the fuse blows, you've got a shorted circuit. Most likely in the stoplight switch or the turn signal switch. If the fuse doesn't blow, I'd suspect the wiring to the brake light assemblies. Not foolproof but it should point you in the right direction.
  3. corova

corova New Member

just got back from a weekend trip ill try it tommorrow thank you so much for yopur help
  4. corova

corova New Member

well i dont have an answer. i unpluged the tail lights replaced the fuses and they did not blow. so i pluged in the drivers side and tried it again the fuses stayed good. i pluged in the passangers side and the fuses stayed good. it magicaly fixed its self. so i must have a short im guessing ill just have to find it later. ill stay tuned.
  5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

truck model would greatly help!!
  6. corova

corova New Member

1994 full sixe blazer
    well i thought that was it. they blew again. after i disconnected the rear lights and they held i replaced one it held replaced teh other it held. drove it for a few days and it seemed like it was magicaly fixed. the other day they blew again. im at a loss. does it sound more like the panel on the lights them selves? i think that im going to dismantel the steering colum today the high beams began to go on the fritz. ill click them on and the head lights go out click a few times and the high beams come on or it goes back to low beams. and by the was my left turn signal has not shut off by its self for as long as i remembe . after i turn i have to manualy turn it off. my thought is that a little plastic piece broke off and has worn out a wire in there. does this sound plausable?

any thoughts please. i cant afford a ticket or to get it checked out professionaly. THANKS
  7. corova

corova New Member

a website for a scematic would help as well. thanks
  8. corova

corova New Member

well the mystery ensues after taking out the lights and starting @ the beginning i tried to blow the fuse nothing ...... i reattached rear driverside bulbs ...... worked fine (WF)........ attached passanger side......WF.......then installed each side seperately......WF......flashed high beams and brakes and everything ......WF........

HELP!!!!!
  9. SWATPARAMEDIC

SWATPARAMEDIC New Member

I had a similar problem with my 94 full size blazer. The right side side brake and turn signal lights didn't work. There is a set of wires coming out of the fuse box including the wire to the right brake and turn signal. They come down and around the driver side fender. They right brake and turn signal wire was rubbing on the inside of the fender and it actually cut the wire. You may have to take off the fender liner to see it. I spliced it and taped them off to keep it from happening again and fixed the problem.
  10. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

for mine, its the rear hatch swtich fuse... blows each time i press the cigarette lighter... so i disconnected the cigarette lighter
    lol
    but it bugs me that that would happen.... maybe someone on the assembly line was hung over that day...