1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Turn signal flasher/fuse/relay for 99 burban 1500

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by columbiawifi, Mar 23, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. columbiawifi

columbiawifi New Member

hey Folks,

I've got a right rear turn signal out and it fast clicks when switched to the right. I have eliminated the bulb as the problem.

I cannot find a fuse for this. I've looked in the engine compartment fuse/relay panel. I see a reference to a flasher relay but its completely missing so I think this was an option of some other model by the manufacturer. When I look under the dash, I see where I believe it may be but there is no legend for this panel. The large rectangular relay at the top/right is what clicks when the turn signal is on.

My Chilton's manual refers to a fuse, but I can't find it. Is there one? If not I'm guessing I need to replace the flasher relay, which is supposed to look like a metal cylinder which I don't see. Attaching a pic of the under-dash fuse panel.

I'm thinking its right in front of my face and I'm missing it.

Attached Files:

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It usually is a lamp or the flasher that causes this problem.

How have you "eliminated the bulb as the problem"?
  3. columbiawifi

columbiawifi New Member

Thats been my experience too.

I purchased a new bulb which did not work. As a sanity check, I swapped bulbs from each side. The problem remained at the location/the problem did not follow the bulb.
  4. geo1

geo1 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

check bulb socket,i.e tabs ,the relay thats clicking is the one,old silver round ones dissapeared quite a while ago,i wouldnt rule out that that one is bad
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

front and rear? Sorry, it needs to be asked.

Some trucks have left side, right side fuses, I don't know about yours, maybe the owner's manual will help.

If lamps, sockets, fuses all check, flasher (as you also suspect) is all that's left.
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Did you figure out your issue?
  7. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Hi, Pikey!
    x2 - has this been resolved? I had a '89 that the ground ribbon in the taillight circuit board corroded, causing the short that this sounds like. Could also be a break in the wire harness underneath the body.
    @columbiawifi did you check fuses in the left side dash panel? I see you checked under the hood and the pictured dist. block, but there is one more on the side of the dash when you open the drivers door.

Good luck,