1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Turn Signal flasher problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Smithtad, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Smithtad

Smithtad New Member

Whenever I use my left turn signal it makes my hazard lights come on but whenever i use my right turn signal it works as it should. any ideas?
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

There's some cheap & easy possibilities here, & some expensive ones. The first thing I'd check is make sure your hazard switch isn't partially on. Cycle it a couple times to make sure the switch is completely off. It only takes it being 1/8" on to make a little contact & screw all the lights up. Does the switch feel normal? Next turn on your left signal & go out & look at the lights. Are they the same brightness, or do you have a dim one? (bad socket, loose or corroded bulb, bad ground.) If it's none of these then it could be the TS switch, the hazard switch, or a fried relay, or wiring.

**I remember one post on here where there was dust/dirt/grime in the TS switch & the poster either blew it out with compressed air or some spray electrical cleaner & it fixed it.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  3. redneck70

redneck70 Rockstar