1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Turn Signal problem

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by PLiving, Jan 3, 2013.

1. PLiving

PLiving New Member

I have a 2006 Silverado crew cab 4x4 vortex max. My turn signals are intermittent. They will work for a few days then stop then all of a sudden they start working again. so confused I have checked all bulbs and still nothing then when least expect it they are back working again. currently they are not and have not for three days does any one have a idea
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

All lamps; left side, right side, front and rear?
  3. PLiving

PLiving New Member

yes they all checked good
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I think [MENTION=54249]RayVoy[/MENTION] meant which lights are acting up just fronts, just one side, or all the lights. He was trying to narrow down the problem.
  5. PLiving

PLiving New Member

Yes nothing works including 4 ways not even a click
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It must be the flasher relay or flasher module. That's the only thing that controls all of those functions.
  7. RayVoy

Yep, that was where I was going, I agree with [MENTION=52248]Conlan Rose[/MENTION], it probably is the flasher (assuming all fuses are good).
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

****Moved Thread Here****
  9. PLiving

PLiving New Member

where would i find the flasher relay at i can not find one in my repair manual
  10. RayVoy

Usually it is behind the dash, usually somewhere near the center and low. I usually follow the clicking to find it.

If it doesn't click, it will be harder, a google search might help.