1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Turning signals in mirrors

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Red Z71 Max, Jan 17, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Mirror turn signals are nice. I'm changing mine to white LEDs.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tow mirror upgrade does NOT have the option/motor allowing one to fold the mirror housings inward with the push (and hold) of a button like the standard (electric) mirrors. I believe the tow mirrors must be folded in by hand/manually... If that's the case then someone who wants the option to electrically fold the mirrors in might NOT want the tow mirror upgrade.

Just a thought...

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Is that legal where you are? Most jurisdictions require turn signals to be amber or red, I believe... regardless of placement on the vehicle.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  4. zigger215

I live in Alaska, things like that aren't strictly enforced up here. It's less obvious then my window tint anyways. It gonna look sick!! Oh yea I have some more pics of some modifications I made this weekend to the system. I'll post them up soon. When I get to a real computer.

5. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

You are correct. They are not capable of power fold. The memory options require the flash.

6. mfleetwood

---Correction to my above post: yes you are correct about the tow not coming in the power fold, they are only available non-tow versions. Sorry, I mis-read your statement. Thanks Blackout, as your post had me re-read this.

7. zigger215

So I ended up breaking my factory passenger mirror with the blinker and power fold-in, is there a cheap place to by the replacement? It's just the mirror part that I broke.

8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

They really take their Moose serious up there however...if they find a dead moose shot out of season they go all out with the CSI....

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I dont know for sure, but my guess is you will be buying the entire unit. You could call some local glass shops to see if they could make a replacement.

9. mfleetwood

Not sure which vehicle you have or year (or I would have provided the exact webpage for your ride), but here is who I purchased mine through. The name of the mirrors are Kool Vue and have heard (but do not know for a fact) that these are the brand GM uses as OEM replacements. In any case, my mirrors have treated me well and am very happy with them. And this website was the cheapest I could find them.

http://www.discountautomirrors.com/

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  10. zigger215

Found it thanks for the web address!!