1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tv episode made me question lifting my truck

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by crash_42, Dec 20, 2010.

1. crash_42

crash_42 New Member

I was watching speed and they were lifting a 2006 chevy z71 like mine. And they were saying how when you lift the chevy's having the hub assembly with one bearing, that it is best to switch it for lock in hubs. Because the bigger tires will tear down the regular hub assembly in around a years time. now I know they say that but I would like to know if anyone else has actually had this trouble by lifting their chevy z71's ...
  2. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would have no idea, but am very interested in the answer and the details of switching to lock in hubs.
  3. hardwickn

hardwickn Rockstar

i have a 05 crewcab 6' lift and runnin 35 and no problems. i bought the truck lifted and i can tell the lift has been on there for a while. a budy of mine has a 01 sinlge cab 6 inch lift 3inch body and running 38's the only problem he has had was rear diff. but rebuilt it stronger and i currently about to do a custom suspension lift to run 44's and has had no problems.