1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Twitter hit by DoS attack

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 6, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Twitter Blog: Denial of Service Attack

Looks like Twitter's got their act together, they got back online in 90 minutes, but that type of attack really is just a minor thing to a company like Twitter, they need to boost and make better load balancing servers it looks like.
  2. Ghostwhite

Ghostwhite New Member

Though I've never used it, why is twitter all the rave these days?
  3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just another way to stay in contact with ppl and keep social.
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

never got into the twitter craze but i may have to check it out
  5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

OMG dude... you SO just twittered right now..!... that would have made an awesome twitter update..

:rofl:
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'll twitter what I'm doing when I'm in Detroit on Monday for example.

I ready there was an event planning/catering company that used Twitter so customers could see where the guy was all the time and when they would be traveling to next. It doesn't HAVE to be twitter, but mobile text updates available to a large number of people is what's happening.
  7. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i dont get the twitter thing. i dont feel the need to let people know when i use the bathroom or when i finished my food, but thats just me.
  8. hdb626

hdb626 New Member

Haha yeah I won't get into twitter at all. I hardly use facebook as it is. Ive got a phone and email if I need to keep in touch with anyone.