1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Two 12" Kicker CVX 12" 2-ohm subs on a Hifonics HFi2500D?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by zachmilz, Jan 25, 2011.

1. zachmilz

zachmilz Rockstar 100 Posts

The amp says mono, but there are two speaker outputs, how would I wire both of there DVC 2-ohm subs to the amp so that they're at a 2-ohm load from the amp? I just want to make sure that I can push the 1700 watts to them and not have to wire them to 4-ohms or something before I order everything. Thanks!
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

3. zachmilz

Alright, I figured it out. I hope that I just have to bridge it.
  4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Let us know how it turns out!
  5. zachmilz

I will! They're going to be in a box that will extend from my dash to my back seat. I ordered everything last night, so I'll have everything hooked up in about a week.
  6. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Your box goes from your dash to your back seat? Where will you sit!
  7. zachmilz

I took out my middle jumper seat about a year ago, so I have plenty of room in between my driver and passenger seats, haha. The box is actually about 6" shy of extending from my dash to my back seat. When I build my box later on, it'll take up quite a bit of room, though. Right now I have a pre-fab ported box with 1.7 cubes per chamber. I would like to get at least 2 cubes per chamber, if not more and make those lows really come out. :)