1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Two items: Chevy Recall & Service 4wd??

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Darknesss23, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member

1.) Has anyone brought their 07-09 Silverado in to have the recall taken care of for the heated washer fluid?? Do they really disable it??

2.) Has anyone else experienced the "service 4-wheel drive" light coming on and not being able to switch between 2wd and auto or 4wd??

Thanks!
  2. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete New Member

they dont disable the heated washer fluid they replace a relay/wiring harness if i remember correctly, as some of the first ones (like mine) would short out and cause the wipers to run randomly and spray. i think it acually caused a fire for someone so they did the recall. you'll still be able to use your washer fluid heater.

i got the service 4wd msg when it was time to change the fluid. theres a lot of reasons it will come on though. if yu can't switch modes then there may be a problem id take it in and have the codes read, or maybe try cycling it through while sitting still and driving slowly...to see what happens
  3. TomsHHR

TomsHHR New Member

This is the second recall for the fluid heaters after some with the new harness caught fire. They disable the fluid heater and refund $100.00
  4. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete New Member

oh i didnt know there was a new one out lol
  5. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

So if you had one of the replaced wires you have to get it disabled or everyone has too?
  6. TomsHHR

TomsHHR New Member

7. TomsHHR

TomsHHR New Member

General Motors is recalling 1.5 million cars from the 2007-2009 model years because of a problem with a heated washer fluid system that could trigger a fire. A GM spokesman said the removal of the module will take a mechanic about 20 minutes, at a cost GM did not estimate.

GM says they will disable the feature and provide the vehicle owners and lessees with a $100 compensation. Owners can take their vehicles to the dealership to have the heated washer fluid module removed and the washer fluid hoses rerouted.

GM’s Executive Director of Safety Jeff Boyer says “This was a unique technology available from only one supplier, and that supplier has stopped manufacturing, which left no opportunity to collaborate on an improv1ed design. We want to be clear that the voluntary payment to customers is for the loss of the feature, not the recall.”

The models involved include the 2007-2009 model year Chevrolet Silverado 3500 pickup truck, Avalanche, Suburban and Tahoe; Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT; GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL; and the Saturn Outlook. The recall also covers the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse, the 2008-2009 Buick Enclave and Cadillac CTS, and the 2006-2009 Buick Lucerne, Cadillac DTS and Hummer H2.