1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Two new vehicles!

Discussion in 'Chevy Crossover Forum' started by Mean_Green_95, Mar 25, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I traded in my Sierra and my wife's Sonata on a 2011 Traverse for my wife and a 2010 Equinox for myself. My truck had 214K and her car had 107K. Both of them were over 10 years old, so it was time for new ones. Hers is white with a tan interior, mine is "mocha steel" which is brown basically with a black interior. We got them certified used so we have 2 yrs of free oil changes, tire rotations, and inspections. I must say I'm impressed with these new vehicles, especially the fuel economy. I'm getting an average of 30 mpg in the Equinox.

Anyone else with these vehicles? Pros? Cons?
  2. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Sweet deal! Let's see some pics...please :)
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Sounds great! I need a commuter car and was thinking of getting an equinox, but there will be rare occasions where I have to take all three kids ... so not sure about that. They get good reviews though, let's hear more about it.
  4. Mean_Green_95

Steve, I love this vehicle already. It actually is averaging 30mpg, and even higher with a tail wind. Mine has bluetooth, ipod hook-up, power seat, 18" rims, power lift gate, and remote start. Its super comfortable, really quiet, great road manners and ride. I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I still have the 5yr/100K mile power train warranty, plus it is gm-certified. I narrowed my purchase down to this or a 2012 Malibu LTZ for the same price. I went with this b/c if I'm out in town and buy something in a big box, I can still carry it home with this, but I wouldn't have been able to with the Malibu. Plus I think the Equinox gets better mpg since it has the 4cyl.
  5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

Nice! I was helping my ex's mother shop for vehicles and she was leaning towards the traverse also. I was fairly impressed with it, but felt it was underpowered personally. Of course I'm used to the 5.3 haha (that would be an interesting thing to have in em!) But both are definitely nice vehicles! Congrats on joining the "new car smell" club!
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The impala. Weds to come with the 5.3
  7. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Congrats on the new rides. I have nothing but good things about the Traverse and the Equinox. They both have very good crash test ratings and the Equinox is good multi use SUV that has excellent fuel mileage. Enjoy the new rides and keep us posted on the reliability and service costs. Enjoy!!!!:great:
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  8. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice choices in new vehicles. Having driven the equivalents of both (Enclave & Terrain) I like both of them. When I was doing work experience at a GM dealer last year, the technicians I was with were a bit biased against the enclave/acadia/traverse because of some common early-on engine problems that involved engine removal. On those vehicles, that means putting it on a lift, unbolting the engine and lifting the car off of the engine.

That being said, I believe that has been dealt with now since they've been out for a while and both the equinox and the traverse are great vehicles to drive.
  9. Mean_Green_95

Thanks guys. My wife absolutely loves her Traverse. She won't stop talking and bragging about it to anyone who will listen to her. I just drove about 95 miles from my parents house, then about 43 miles to work and they were all pleasant, comfortable miles. I wasn't as near tired as I would have been if I had driven that in my truck.