Two Tone Paint

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Mr Dragon, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon Rockstar

I am thinking about two-toning my 09 Silverado. It is Silver Birch and I was thinking of haveing the top half painted and cleared. It looks like every other truck and I hate vinyl so that typer mod is out. I was even thinking SS type stripes. Any ideas or sites where I could get some ideas.
    Thanks
    Bud

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had my 05' two toned, the factory color was silver birch metallic like yours. I had them paint the bottom black onyx with the pearl mixed in it, that cost me about $8,000 to have the bottom of the truck done at the body shop. Here's a picture

[​IMG]

3. 02greenmachine

02greenmachine New Member

[​IMG]

My truck is an 02, me and a friend two toned it in his body shop after it was wrecked. Most of the work was disassembling everything so that it could be painted for the color change. 1k total cost, paint has 2 pearls in all colors. Price was cheaper because i did all the labor except for spraying it.

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There is a "old body style" around the lake that is lighter on bottom and black on the upper body and it looks really nice. I have not seen any NBS turcks in 2tone.

5. Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon Rockstar

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I think I like the darker bottom half than the top. Now what color? :neutral: Guess I will let my nbetter half help pick that out. :gasp: