1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

type of oil and filter

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by kw70chevy, May 12, 2012.

1. kw70chevy

kw70chevy Member

i prefer royal purple and wix filter.and get about 6.000 miles before the next oil change.

2. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I use AC Delco 1 quart filter on my 454. It is OEM. Oil varies. I am an Amsoil dealer but sometimes I use Valvoline dinosaur oil. I change more based on time than miles since the truck mostly sits. My engine also has a Preluber. So prior to starting the entire system is pressurized with oil, then on shutoff everything gets washed with oil so the dirt goes down to the sump.

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

This is a topic that has been beaten to death. But use Mobil 1 and a K&N filter. I would use Amsoil but it is not easy to find in stores.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I use Royal purple or Mobile 1. What ever happens to fall off the truck that week. I only use AC Delco Filters

5. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I agree. I use Mobile 1 and an AC filter. At one time I used basic Castrol GTX, dino oil...but after working in oil fields for 2 years, I changed my mind after hearing from the Mobile dealer that provided us with our fuel and oil.