1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Type of suspension

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by dvineyard, Mar 22, 2006.

1. dvineyard

dvineyard New Member

How do I tell what kind of suspension is on my 2005 crewcab, Z71 4wd, with the L5 engine. As I look at the products available they talk about them fitting only a ZQ or Z8 sport suspensions. Which one is in mine? How do I find out? Thanks
  2. Landon

Landon New Member

what are you tryin to do raise or lower your truck? I might be able to save you some money...
  3. Landon

Landon New Member

what are you tryin to do raise or lower your truck? I might be able to save you some money...
  4. dvineyard

dvineyard New Member

I want to lower it
  5. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

I added a DJM kit. 3 inch drop up front and 4 inches out back. Gotta cut the rear bump stops and the drivers side tire hits the top of the inner fender. I'll try a shorter front tire
  6. GMCdriver

GMCdriver New Member

You have a Z71 suspension. It is the off road suspension that has been raised an inch from GMs standard Z85 heavy duty suspension. The ZQ8 suspension is the factiory lowered suspension that is only available on the 2WD trucks.

Hope this helps.
  7. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

I have the standard LS 2 wd crew cab. I cut the rear bump stps and relocated the front bump stop and all is well.