Ultimate MPG guide - Check Expected Mileage (Pleas enter your verified mpg info)

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Springthing, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Grizzly Guy

Grizzly Guy Rockstar 100 Posts

13.9L/100Km combined Highway and City.P/U is a 2011 GMC CC Z71 with the 5.3 and 3.42 Rear ends.don't know if that is good bad or other wise

2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4x4 6.2. I'm getting about 9 city and 12 hwy mpg

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

glad i dont have your mileage.

Alex

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No joke. Then again, he's driving a lifted 6.2L gasser. He must keep his foot in it, too, to get that kind of mileage, as I believe cylinder deactivation technology (aka active fuel management) came standard on 2011 Silvys and Sierras.

5. Red Z71 Max

No AFM on my truck. I don't think they put it on the 6.2 with a trailering package.

6. SurrealOne

Interesting! I was under the impression they put it on everything. Even still you should be getting better mileage than that unless you a) can't keep your foot out of it, b) haven't bothered with a tuner, or c) a combination of a) and b). :neutral:

7. Red Z71 Max

No tuner yet and yes, "When the light turns green, I love to accelerate"

8. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I averaged the last two tanks and I'm now getting 18.1 mpg...not sure what I've done to change it, but it has improved a great deal. Same gas station, same equipment and same driving as before (70/30 hwy/city). Whatever it is, I can't explain it since my driving habits haven't really changed.

9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

my 96' its supposed to be 13 city and 18 hwy but i drive mainly city and over the holidays had tons of short trips so im getting about 10 mpg out of this tank maybe less started off as 13 tho.

10. SurrealOne

Colder, denser air this time of year, maybe?