1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Unavailable parts? (auxiliary heater hose)

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by stubble, Feb 23, 2011.

1. stubble

stubble New Member

Hi all

My mechanic is telling me that he can't get replacement aux heater lines for my 2003 Yukon XL. Unfortunately one of mine wore through the metal line, where it had been rubbing against a flange near the rear of the vehicle.

I'm floored that the part is simply not available, not made. This is my first GM vehicle in forever. It's less than 8 years old. Is parts availability that sketchy in general?
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Typically, parts availability from GM is good for the first 3 years or so, then it peters out when GM stops stocking the parts, but the aftermarket market either isn't legally allowed to make toolings, or just haven't been able to develop the toolings for new parts. You might want to check restoration parts dealers like LMCTrucks to see if they have on, and if not perhaps your mechanic can disconnect the rear heater hoses until the part becomes available.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I'm sure some aftermarket supplier makes them. As Crawdaddy said I would check LMC Truck or Dorman.com. With all the Yukons XL and Suburbans someone makes a replacement. I've never changed one on your year truck but maybe its a pain in the ass and your mechanic doesn't want to do it?????
  4. stubble

stubble New Member

Thanks for the replies. I checked with a dealer and they too say it's not made, not available. Only thing to do is patch the line with a hose and compression fittings. Which is ok, it's just a heater hose after all, but generally I like to stay OEM when I can.

Thanks again.
  5. jreagan

jreagan Member

There is allegedly a federally mandated 10 year rule for availability of parts after a model is released. However there are also some exceptions. Accessories: 2 years. "Soft trim" [whatever that means]: 5 years. OR when a part has not been sold for 2 years. GM did this for Saturn parts.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Also, google around. At www.partswebsite.com (a webstore for a GM store in TX) I found:

W/aux. heater
    Quantity: 1

Make: Chevrolet
    Model: Tahoe
    Model Year(s): 2003
    List Price: $93.27
    Your Price: $74.62
    Description:
    HOSE
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  6. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Well this sounds very odd that one cant be found, I have NEVER had a problem finding hoses for my 99 suburban and I just replaced all of them and all AC lines as well and not one problem and every one was in stock as well. Go to oreillys or autozone.