1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Under back seat audio set up

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Silverado Hoss, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Silverado Hoss

Silverado Hoss New Member

Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a 1999 silverado ext. cab and i was wanting to put two 12" subs under the back seat. I was wondering if anyone could recomend any speakers or box options.
    I also have a pioneer 760 watt amp and i was wondering if that would work.
  2. Opex

Opex Member

i would recomend Pioneer Premier Series TS-SW1241D
  3. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

4. sdpbob

sdpbob Rockstar 100 Posts

Yea those boxes are nice but they can only fit slim 12" subs. I got a box under my back seat that fits normal size 12's, but I do like that you can get them with the silverado on the box.
  5. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Actually they have the ultra deep box which will take 7" deep subs. Anything deeper then that and you've got to go all custom.

As far as subs, I had some Rockford Fosgate P2 12's in my camaro and I love them. There inexpensive and don't require alot of power to be sent to them and they still produce great bass.
  6. cdunbar29

cdunbar29 Rockstar

i got mine off subthump, its nice and tight, my only prob is that i didt let it air out so i have a smell of the sealer in my truck....but i went away in like 2 weeks

[​IMG]
  7. sdpbob

sdpbob Rockstar 100 Posts

How does that box sound? I saw that box and got to thinking
  8. Silverado Hoss

Silverado Hoss New Member

thanks those subthump boxes look great. i think that is what i will get
  9. cdunbar29

cdunbar29 Rockstar

its sounds tight, i have 2 kicker compvr's in it and its got punch, also great long and low thunder...but for the $200 it has to be a good box.....and it fits sooooo well, just right...all i need now is black floor mats to make it blend a bit more
  10. zorg

zorg New Member

Some pics of boxes

The amp should work fine depending on the wiring configuration. As for speakers, everyone will give you different opinions. Cost is a big factor and so is the type of music you listen to.
    Judging by the way you are asking the question, it sounds like you don't have much stereo installation experience. You can do it yourself, but get yourself educated on the electrical parts and Ohms and so on. As for the box, here are some pics to help you get the idea of what is possible.
    I have personally installed two 12's and a kick ass amp in an extended cab and it sounds awsome.

Cheers

Attached Files: