Under the Rail bedliner + Bed Rail Caps? Cost/installation

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by daweinah, Dec 17, 2009.

1. daweinah

daweinah Rockstar 100 Posts

I've got some dents on my passenger side rail that I want to cover up and I want a bed liner because.. well, just because.

The shop near me is running a Christmas special doing Line-X for $400 installed (that's a good price, right?) and I'm thinking I'll go with the under the rail option since I'm going to be putting the BED RAIL CAPS on it. However, I'm worried that there might be a gap between the top of the liner and the bottom of the rail cap.

Has anyone had experience with an under the rail liner or tried this combo on their truck? Thanks!

2. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

www.gmpartsclub.com has an excellent price on those bed rail caps if you haven't gotten them yet. Take your caps with you when you go to get the Line-X done and have them put it on up to match your caps or how ever you want it done. No problem, since they could spray the whole truck if you wanted them to. Now there's an idea! Hmmmm..........!

3. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I looked at a lot of trucks both locally and online before doing my Line-X and I decided to just take it over the rails. On my black truck it looks great. I personally decided against the GM rail caps because I've seen too many end up bowed or twisted.

Good luck!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  4. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey, MA! I did your lower spoiler removal mod on my GMC yesterday and it REALLY helped that front end. Easy and free! Good job.

5. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

That's great! Let's see the pics!!:glasses:

I just saw your signature...Thanks for the credit, but I saw it on another truck and liked the look! Someone else deserves the credit. But I am glad you liked it too!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009