GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

undercoating

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by danrydzik, Oct 12, 2010.

1. danrydzik

danrydzik New Member

I was thinking of undercoating my sierra by painting on blacktop sealer which is really thin tar. i think its a good idea, but i wanted to run this by some other people to see what you think.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Welcome to the Club! I have no clue (which is typical) but I am sure that someone who does will respond soon. Good luck!
  3. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

I haver heard of a lot of people who use the undercoating for inside of wheel wells and frame rails but thats about all I know. As far as the blacktop sealer I've never heard of anyone using that to be honest. It sounds like a good idea really though if it works. May give you a more smooth finished look.
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Hmmm.. now that you bring up the wheel wells, I wonder if it would dampen the road noise better than the undercoating??
  5. wpnsgy

wpnsgy New Member

find some real undercoating grease based is usaully best tar tends to crack and peel over time thes cracks hold debris and moisture in them which promotes corossion I would recommend Shell compound L grease based produced for undercoating vehicles
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

My truck has been undercoated from day 1.Definitly has cut down the road noise and protects the wheel wells and the rest of the underside of my truck.