1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

undercover hard shell tonneau cover sealing

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by rnichols, Oct 16, 2011.

1. rnichols

rnichols New Member

Anyone had any good luck with these for keeping a good seal? I use mine for work and I just found out that it is leaking up near the cab of the truck and ruined about 15k worth of tools when the water got in, I've had it for five years and no problems till now. I have noticed that it is starting to wear the paint on the sides of the truck where the cover is rubbing on the edges. Any ideas on how to fix this seal?
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

I had to readjust the tonneau itself by moving mounts that basically tightened up the fit. I was driving down the freeway in a 40 mph crosswind and the cover was lifting 3 inches off the bed. That is why I had to find a solution. Also replacing the seal itself with a roll of camper seal keeps the moisture out from above. Make sure you close off the bed vents or you will have dust a plenty in the bed. Check with the manufacturer for adjustment guidelines and fixes