1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Underglow

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Burden33, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

so im still not sure if i want underglow on my truck yet but i was woundering which should i go with Streetglow or led glow if i do decide on going with one
  2. Kaiser-Wave

Kaiser-Wave Rockstar

street glow, neon looks better it covers a bigger surface area with light and the LED style only directs light one way and in your case it would be str8 down and wouldn't look right......
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I have Streetglow neon blue series on my S-10, and they are going on 8 years old and they are still running and the truck IS driven in the winter time. My friend bought a set of LED underbody's from Varad, and they were all plug and play and all you had to do was ground them to the frame and then run the hot wire up to the battery and bring the switch in the cab. But Kaiser-Wave is right, neon gives a way better spread versus the defined line of LED's. I am going to buy a set for my Silverado I have now, I am going with the 8 piece set from LiteGlow. It has the following:

2- 72" tubes
    2- 48" tubes
    4- 12" wheelwell tubes
    Wireless controller
    $499

This kit is for a TRUCK, 99.9% of kits out there are for cars meaning the tubes are smaller and look funny on a truck. A normal kit has 2-36" tubes, and 2- 48" tubes see what I mean?
  4. Burden33

i got a friend who got led glow but the wires are hard to reach in a car and i need a kit that is going to last in -40 below and when im out in the trails or water. do you know where i could find one to trplxl2
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you can drill a small hole in your floor and reach the wires under through the carpet, i think theyre illegal to drive with them on :(

theyre still pretty cool though.
  6. Burden33

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I just tryed to find a link for my light kit, but Stylin Concepts doesn't have it on there site. It's really hard to find a truck kit that is only four tubes, but UFO lighting makes one you can buy on ebay but it's expensive. ($800) That kit that you have highlighted looks good, now as far as the wires being too short that is a common problem. Some of the kits out have metri-plex plugs that can be taken off, and they sell plug-n-play extensions to make them reach. At any rate you don't want to splice ANY of the wires in the kit, because they will not work very well afterwards.

Streetglow still makes a longer 4 piece kit for large trucks, it has 51" tubes and 48" tubes and that seems to be the longest one's I can find on the net.

As far as legality goes, you can't ride with blue or red on, but the other stationary colors are fine. Don't use the scanning mode or strobe, because they will definately pull you over for that. Of course this is in Ohio, so I would check out your local laws.
  8. Burden33

i just seen the street glow they got my only probelm i got if it is glass where i go on dirt roads to my cabin and in the winter with all the snow we got i installed a set of the streetglow led multi color set on my girlfriends car and they looked good the other god part is i can order more tube and esxtened the kit
  9. Southern Thunder

Southern Thunder New Member

I have led tubes on my 09 Dodge and i drive it everywhere and have now issues they are from plasmaglow
  10. Burden33

thunder how do you find them for shineing on the gorund i know the street glow i got on my girlfriend tiburon is bright at night i just want to make sure they can be seen and not waste my money on them