1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Underhood toolbox

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by silverbike9, Sep 6, 2012.

1. silverbike9

silverbike9 New Member

I was looking for a tool box for the spare battery tray under the hood . The box was free if you see someone grinding the pavement for repaving they have a lot of these boxes they throw away , the milling bikts come in them , they are a fairly heavy plastic . I painted mine with Krylon spray paint for plastic and will hold it down with a black bungee. Will use to carry some hand tools , fuses, duct tape, wire ties , misc other stuff. Hope to get my jumper cables in it also.

Attached Files:

2. Jaele

Jaele Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I like that, its a neat ideal.
  3. xsparky

xsparky Rockstar

nice idle looks good
  4. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

It def is different but i think its a great idea. I might have to try something like then when i get home. Thanks for sharing.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Points for creativity and effort!
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like it!
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

NEAT! may have to do something like that as well

Alex
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Definitely a very creative idea! Looks good and is useful - double win!
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Cool idea. I might have to see if I can find a box like that. I have an old boat battery box with lid that might work.