underseat storage

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Mike W, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Mike W

Mike W New Member

2000 silverado LS extended cab

My son bought me a GM underseat storage box for my extended cab, but I don't have the floor mounts in mine for it. My question is for anyone who owns one and that is how are the 4 mounting bolts installed? They appear to possibly come up thru the floor pan, but I don't want to pull everything apart to find out that there are special mounting bolts for it.

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Had someone seen your post and had an answer, I am sure they would have helped you out. No need to be brash about it. Thank you for providing the answer, however, so that others who buy the storage box and have the same question can find the answer to it.

Welcome to the group.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You were kinder than I would have been to someone with that kind of attitude...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You do realize that not everyone viewing is a member and therefore can't respond, right? Additionally, not everyone has a 99-06 body style. Of those that do, not everyone has an extended cab. Of those remaining, not everyone has underseat storage. While I understand the desire to view the internet as a magic genie portal where faceless text provides answers to any question within what you deem is a timely fashion, sadly that is just not the case.

Finally, the view count constitues those who saw "underseat storage". Therefore perhaps some of those views were people curious of the same thing or just browsing randomly. I have a 2009 crew cab so your query doesn't apply. However, I clicked the link because I've toyed with the idea of getting underseat storage and like reading anything useful people have to say about them. This thread had that potential, but you impressively and quickly eliminated that potential.

I'm glad you were able to find the answer to your issue without undue work. Hopefully next time you have a question, whether it be on this board or another, you'll grant the members of the forum a bit more latitude. Believe it or not we're not here as your own personal encyclopedia. We're here as a community sharing the information we have at our disposal.

5. silverbike9

silverbike9 New Member

A real man would just apologize.

6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Another great example of why we should give our threads more detailed titles.

7. 84thProblem

84thProblem New Member

I just keep my jumper cables, tow strap, hitch, ratchet straps, etc. etc. in a gym bag under the seat. Mounting was very easy!

8. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I got one of those Husky Liner under seat storage box and it works great. Amazon had it for $105 shipped. It fits perfectly under the rear seat.

9. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

same as 84th.......bag of tools/jumper cables under the 60 part of the Seat!!!
    Brian

10. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts