Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

unhooking agr valve ?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by RATRODKING, Apr 28, 2010.

1. RATRODKING

RATRODKING Rockstar 100 Posts

guys, while searching problems on my 2003 s-10, i see where some guys have unhooked their egr valve vacuum lines on their trucks.

i also have a 1990 silverado k-1500 4x4 with 5.7 v-8, and it is giving an egr valve code off. seems to be running fine, and a friend said to not worry about it.

if i take the vacuum line off the egr valve, and plug it, will that stop the code from popping up ?

thanks much.

leonard

2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Your code will still come up because your computor would know your egr isnt hooked up but i have heard ways to fool it. I heard you can cross the 2 wires on the egr to make it think its hooked up but idk if that would work. I'll have to research it more.