Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Unknown button on 09 sierra slt crew cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by LAURASDAD, Mar 25, 2011.

1. LAURASDAD

LAURASDAD New Member

On drivers door, there is a button between the 1 and 2 buttons for the seat memory. Please help. what is this button? Manual shows it but does not describe what it does.

I think it has an arrow going up.

thanks

Larry

2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I believe that this is the Easy Exit Seat button. The control for this feature is located on the driver’s door panel between buttons 1 and 2. With the vehicle in PARK (P), the driver’s seat exit position can be recalled by pressing the exit button. You will hear a single beep, and the driver’s seat will move back. If the easy exit seat feature is programmed in the Driver Information Center (DIC), automatic seat movement will occur when the key is removed from the ignition. See “EASY EXIT SEAT” under DIC Vehicle Customization (With DIC Buttons) on page 3-76 for more information. The memory seat and easy exit features can also be programmed using the DIC. For programming information, see DIC Vehicle Customization (With DIC Buttons) on page 3-76. This can also be found on page 1-10 of your owner’s manual. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

3. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

X2 on easy exit button. I have one too. Lowers the seat and pushes it back to make it easy to climb in & out.

4. Mike Stetz

Mike Stetz New Member

I'm having trouble getting the memory to go back #1 after Easy Exit and re-entry.
    It goes to memory #2 even though memory #1 was the last input saved....
    This is in a 2015 Silverado HD
    Any ideas?

5. squatchy

squatchy Active Member 100 Posts

AKA one of the dumbest and most dangerous things that could ever be put on a any vehicle. Not that I've ever been in the back seat of a vehicle with this retarded option and had the seat move back and split open a toe or anything.

6. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I have had my truck for 3.5yrs and never noticed that button. I tried it today and it worked like a charm.

7. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

P. S. Watch out u don't have seatbelt still on when u hit the button. LOL...not that I have experienced it or anything like that..lol.....Brian

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

my 05 sierra had that option. didnt much like it.

Alex

9. thzpcs

thzpcs Member

Seriously, what purpose does this serve? It really doesn't seem like it serves any real purpose other than causing more issues than it could possibly solve.