1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Unusual Cantercaps

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by gammaray, Aug 29, 2010.

1. gammaray

gammaray New Member

Hello,

I am new to this forum and want to say Hey! to everyone. I also have a question that's been bugging me in the 3 1/2 years I've owned my truck.

It's an '07 Silverado LTZ and has the 18" aluminum 5-spoke wheels. The two rear centercaps have unpainted bow-ties. I can upload a picture if anyone wants to see.

Has anyone seen this before? All other Silverados I've seen on the road with the same style wheels have all four centercaps with painted bow-ties.

Thanks,

Gamma
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Im thinking that you got some center caps that missed the Quality controller.....
  3. gammaray

gammaray New Member

Unusual Centercaps

Thanks for your response, Mike.

Below is a snapshot of the cap in question with a "regular" one inset. They have been on the rear tires since new (kept in the rear after the tire rotations of course). Maybe whoever installed them on the assembly line chose two matching ones out of the bin? Anyway if anyone else has seen something like this I would appreciate a response from them as well.

gamma

[​IMG]
  4. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member

i wonder if dealer swap 2 wheels, maybe they curbed a pair while preping it for delivery? you could try having a dealer run your vin to which they claim you should have or check ebay for a pair of whichever style you prefer