1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Up grade ideas

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by DamnThatMexican, Mar 28, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. DamnThatMexican

DamnThatMexican New Member

Hello there people,
    I want to do a lot of up grades to my 1986 Chevy suburban, but I don't know really what kind of intake, carb, air fliter, and any other really horsepower ungrades.
    ideas would be nice thanks you
  2. geo1

geo1 Member 100 Posts

does youre ride have a 4bbl carb?does it behave nice,if so id leave it,h.e.i distributers are powerful,hate to say it cause it costs some coin,get a set of good heads,i think thats the best bang for the buck,intake and carb you will only notice at higher rpm,better to have the power off idle in my book,sorry im getting old

- - - Updated - - -

i forgot to ask ,small block or big block?must be auto tranny?dual exhaust?
  3. DamnThatMexican

Ya it's a 4bbl and the a bad ass... It's has less then 50 thousand mile on the new motor and heavy duty tranny... And ya its a auto but its a straight axle O has the back end welded for towing to.
    350 and straight exhaust

What kind of heads?
    And do they make a cold air intake for my year?
  4. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

another Burb owner for the site !!! cool....any pics after/before you do any work would be awesome.

take care ....Brian from Canada
  5. geo1

geo1 Member 100 Posts

strait exhaust?duals or single?think of this,the same year vette put out a lot more h.p.,mostly heads,a bit better exhaust manifold,youre one downfall is comp.ratio,not the worst thing,does make a diff. thou,check junk yards for wrecked vette motor,you never know,or hit a couple of sites,p.a.w.,summit,edelbrock,and tons more,just remember,show dont make it go,its whats inside that makes the real diff.
  6. DamnThatMexican

O sorry I mean single exhaust, lol but want a duel
    ya that's a thought, we have a lot of junk yard around here plus I feel the same way
    i thinking about 5 years before thing girl is finished and maybe 5 grand well hoping