1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Upcoming New Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Whitey79, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Whitey79

Whitey79 New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on getting a new Silverado (2011,2012?) when I get back from my deployment and I was wondering what kind of information people can give me as far as known problems and things of that nature. I've read about the AFM that isn't so seamless and that's really the only biggest thing i've seen so far. What can people tell me as far as good leveling kits, lift kits, body lifts and is there a way to not void the warranty from lifting or if it does at all. Thanks guys
  2. drm223

drm223 New Member

Hello,

Here's a little bit of info on lift kits, as far as GM corporate is concerened they will still warranty their parts with a lift kit installed, but you have to check with your dealer first.

Also GM has switched to the DEXOS oil standard. So watch what service stations you go to (Dealers can test the oil for certain additives) most reputable places will carry DEXOS Fully Synthetic.

I like Rancho lift kits they are pretty rough and tumble
  3. Whitey79

Whitey79 New Member

Hmm I normally do oil changes myself with royal purple, I would think that was a good enough brand :p, about how do those Rancho kits normally run, seems like a lot of people on here have those Rough Country lifts
  4. drm223

drm223 New Member

Rancho is around $1500 for a 4 inch lift, rough country will be around 200-500 but i've heard of quality issues. things not lining up, and parts cracking.

as for royal purple, if it says DEXOS on the front of the jug you're good to go
  5. Whitey79

Whitey79 New Member

ah alright, I'll be sure to lookout for that, and 200-500 seems like terrible quality for a suspension lift, 1500 isn't real bad i suppose
  6. drm223

drm223 New Member

Im saving my pennies for a rancho
  7. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've got the rough country 3" lift. Seemed great at first, but now after 30,000 miles I'm on my third set of upper ball joints. The ball joints they use just aren't up to it. The only good thing about the ball joints is they stock them at just about every auto parts store, they're 25 bucks each and I've got it down to where I can change both in less than an hour :neutral: If you have the money, go with something else or just don't get the kit with the A arms.

I think I'm going to get some different upper A arms that use a uniball rather than a ball joint the next time they start to go..
  8. Whitey79

Whitey79 New Member

Yeah that seems like a lot of un needed maintenance
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Go with the Rancho, well engineered, good fit and quality. Unlike the RoughCountrys poor quality and fit. RoughCountry has a history of problems or causing problems. The AFM can be turned off with a Diablo Trinty tuner.
  10. Whitey79

Whitey79 New Member

DiabloSport Trinity Programmer / Monitor - Truck Customizers

is this the Diablo you are talking about?