1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Upcoming upgrades!!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Brad Wissinger, Feb 10, 2013.

1. So decided that all my upgrades will be ordered and shipped on Saturday!!! Pretty excited about it!

Ordering my 6" NTD lift kit from Rough Country, 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers, dual (cat-back) exhaust, intake, tonneau, new pitman and idler arm, changing out CV Axles, and a bunch of other mods!

I bought my 1999 1500 as a birthday present to myself over two years ago and kept saying, "Yeah, I'm gonna do this and that" well now no more talking. Time to lift her and make her look good.

I got current photos in my profile, but after I get everything delivered and as I do mods I'll post new pictures to this thread.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Gotta start somewhere! And be warned ... modding can be addictive.

3. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

Tell me about it lol

Brad, I have the same kit on my rig, idk if you forgot to include it in the post of things you ordered or if you just weren't aware they offer them but Rough Country makes an optional Kicker Brace Kit for their NTD lift kit that is very easy to install and offers more rigidity and longer life to the kit by Cantilever bracing it off of the transmission frame crossmember.

If i remember right they were only 89.95 for the pair and they look pretty Beastish under the truck.
    The NTD kit keeps your torsion bars up inside the frame rails still so they are protected and offer maximum cround clearance between the front and rear wheels. But even with having the kicker braces installed they dont hang down lower than the kit at all so they dont rob clearance.

4. Got my exhaust and intake in on Thursday...couldn't help but install them. Truck sounds great now!! Got my CV axles in Saturday, waiting to install them until I install my lift, since I'll have to take off the hubs and everything then anyways. I'll post pics when all is done!!

5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

mmm mods are fun arnt they brad. btw, im in VB as well, if you ever want to meet up and wrench together let me know.

Alex

6. Oh you know it!! I took it out for the first time tonight and cruised around for a bit. The exhaust sounds GREAT!! Not bad, considering I bought it on eBay for $190! Haven't noticed any real change with the intake yet, but I'm sure ill notice it on m drive to work Tuesday. And Alex, if you happen to see me drivin around anywhere, honk or wave or something. Daily I'm going from 264 down 64 to 564 (Navy) I got another decal for the back window, so all in all I got two submarine dolphins ones and one that says "Fish On" got a few more coming in soon, as well as RealTree APS Z71 logos to replace the ones on the bed. I'm only here for a few more months though, but yea, it'd be cool to get together and wrench on some stuff sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

I love e step rails you got! Truck looks GREAT!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally I looked into getting the kicker braces and the tie rod upgrades, but (unlike our government) I had to reduce m spending based on my budget. It's alright though, if I pay more stuff off now, I can just add on other stuff in the long run!

7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Brad you doing the lift install? or a shop?

8. GOT THE LIFT AND TIRES DONE!!! Posting pictures to my profile now!

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Tha didn't answer Alox's question...

10. Sorry about that. I did the lift myself. It was actually pretty easy too.